Pages



Thursday, August 6, 2015

July Shenanigans

Hello to all my blog readers.  It's been awhile since my last post.  July has been a busy month with July 4th Weekend, Tim McGraw concert, Wedding Planning, my Best Friends Wedding, and our one year anniversay. My last blog was about our July 4th weekend so I'll be sharing the rest of July with you all.  Can you believe we are halfway to Christmas?  Time needs to slow down.

Tim McGraw Concert

Several months ago Joe and I bought tickets to the Tim McGraw concert at PNC in Charlotte.  After we bought them we got to thinking, this would be a fun group outing.  We texted our friends Jonathan, Lindsey, Hurd, and Courtney to see if they would be interested in going.  They said YES!  Come to find out several more friends had tickets so it was great to see them and all of us be able to tailgate.  What we didn't know was that we would end up with upgraded lawn seats to seats under the pavillion area..how awesome.  Check out some of the pictures below.


Kappa Delta represent!
 

My handsome date

New friends!

Mollie Ollie and I
 
Wedding Planning
 
 
I've been quite busy planning our upcoming wedding which makes me giddy every time I think about it.  I've had so much fun during this planning process.  All our big items minus our food menu are secured.  I can't wait to share in the upcoming blogs about all our vendors.  We have an awesome photographer and videographer.  Love our florist and oh my, the cake is going to be delicious.  I absolutely love my dress and I can't wait to walk down the aisle to Joe in it. I'm so excited about all the upcoming pre-wedding events (Engagement party, Bridesmaid dress shopping, bridal showers, and Bachelorette party).   We still need to add more things to our registry and I seriously need to get busy designing our wedding website. More blogs to come in the upcoming months on all the wedding festivities.
 
 
My Best Friend's Wedding
 
So excited for Mr. and Mrs. Manuel.  Let me tell you, being the Maid of Honor is quite the duty.  My hat goes off to anyone who has been in that role before.  From helping decorate, to running errands, to assisting in anyway I can, I will say it was completely worth it to see my best friend happy on her wedding day.  Friday, July 24th was the rehearsal practice and dinner.  Dinner was on point.  They did a taco bar which couldn't have been more appropriate for their rehearsal dinner, as they both eat Mexican about two times a week if not more.  Rehearsal dinner was at The Long House in Stokesdale which is a gorgeous venue for anyone looking for a wedding location or reception.  After dinner, Joe and I headed home to get some sleep for the big wedding day.  The wedding was held in Holly's hometown and the reception was at WinMock at Kinderton, another gorgeous location for a wedding or reception.  The bridesmaids arrived at WinMock at 9 am to get ready for the big day.  We gave the Bride-to-Be gifts, got our hair/makeup done, enjoyed a great brunch, and even got to watch Holly and Jason during their first look.  Around 2 pm we headed to the wedding location in a limo, which was fun to just hangout with the wedding party before the ceremony.  After the ceremony, we danced and ate and celebrated Mr. and Mrs. Manuel.
 
My handsome date at the Rehearsal Dinner

Joe and I with the Manuels

All the bridesmaids in the limo




Our 1 Year Anniversary 
 
Honestly, all we did was relax.  July was a busy month and we just wanted to have some quality time with one another.  We had dinner in and just watched tv together.  Completely perfect for me.  We went hard the month of July.  I will say that we did somewhat celebrate our one year a weekend earlier because we went to Sullivans Steakhouse in Charlotte during Restaurant Week.  Let me tell you, the best filet mignon and I have ever put in my mouth.  We can't wait to go back again! 
 
As you can see, July was a busy month and I can't wait to see what the upcoming months bring about!
 
xoxo,
Shea

 

No comments :

Post a Comment