Pages



Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Weekender: June 11-14

It's time to talk about our beach trip.  I just realized it's been a few weeks since I blogged.  So without further a do, here's a little recap of our vacation....

Thursday, June 11
Joe and I started our morning meeting with our photographer Jordan Tickle for our wedding.  We are so excited to have him as our photographer.  Check out his work at Jordan Tickle Photography!!!!  After our meeting with Jordan, we headed home to finish packing and grab the Budster "aka Buddy" to begin our vacation weekend.  First let me say, Tuesday evening I came down the stomach bug into Wednesday, so I wasn't feeling the best to start off our vacation but was really excited to spend time with Joe, my brother, and his girlfriend Stacey.  When we arrived at the beach, the first thing we did even before truly unpacking was put on our bathing suits and headed to the ocean.  We relaxed and laid out for about 3 hours before we headed in to take showers.  Joe had never been to Hamburger Joes before, so we all went to Hamburger Joes for dinner and then headed to Ocean Drive to listen to beach music and shag the night away.

Fire burning in Robeson County

On the beach with my fiancé

Out listening to beach music

Friday, June 12

We woke up around 9 am and got ready for our beach day.  We stayed on the beach until around 3 pm, so literally all day minus an hour lunch with sandwiches, chips, and an oatmeal cookie.  Braden and Stacey decided to have their own date night, so Joe and I headed to Calabash for some seafood.  We ate outside at the Dockside.  I enjoyed broiled flounder and Joe ordered fried shrimp with flounder.  Our food was delicious.  We decided to head down to the dock where the fisherman come in from their trips and take a few pictures before the sun started to set. 






Saturday, June 13

Joe and I were exhausted and it was way to hot to even enjoy the beach, so we decided to relax and go outlet shopping.  Joe bought me my first Kate Space purse and I really needed a new wallet, so I bought the wallet.  We really didn't see a lot of good deals at the outlets.  I did run into my friend Liz so that was fun catching up for bit. 


After the outlets, Joe was craving wings so we headed to Oscar's for lunch.  When we got home, we decided to both take a nap before we headed out for dinner and to meet our friends Sara and Mike.  While Joe was getting ready, I found Buddy passed out. I think the trip has worn him out and he hasn't even done a thing.

 
We headed out that evening to meet Sara and Mike at Broadway at the Beach.  The guys were craving seafood so we ended up at Landry's Seafood.  The food was delicious and the salad was amazing.  After dinner, Sara and I wanted to bring back our beach memories of going to Crocodile Rocks.  We had a great night laughing, catching up, and singing some of our throwback songs. 

Isn't he a character?


My best friend Sara and I at Crocodile Rocks

Sunday, June 14

We headed back home after we enjoyed breakfast on the patio listening to the waves crash.

Love these two so much


No comments :

Post a Comment