Pages



Monday, July 6, 2015

The Weekender: June 19-21

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14242645/?claim=m632rvxg44k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Friday after a meeting and leaving a few minutes early from work, I headed home to pick up Buddy and to pack.  We were off to Joe's for the weekend.  Buddy and I were so excited to spend the weekend with Joe. Joe wanted to grill out and cook me dinner, and boy did he do a good job.  We had sirloin steak, salad, baked potatoes, and texas toast bread, YUMMY!!!!


After dinner and cleaning up, Joe asked me "What I wanted to do?"  I said, let's just drive to Albemarle and see where the road takes us.  The road took us to this old timey putt-putt course in Albemarle called "Good-O/Putt-O."  Joe and I decided to play a round of putt-putt even though the course was very soggy from all the rain.  We still had fun.





He beat me by 6 strokes
Saturday morning I woke up and met our electrician who is re-doing some electrical work at Joe's.  We are installing new lights, new fans, new outlets, and new switch plates.  I am in love with this LED Light that I bought at Lowes and I'm getting ready to switch the over the sink light with the Project Source round light. I'm loving all our renovations.






After I met with the electrician, I met mom to head to Charlotte to start the bridesmaid dress hunt.  We went to New York Bride and Groom in Charlotte and I said YES TO THE DRESS!!!!  I couldn't be more excited about my dress and I can't wait to walk down the aisle in it.  I dropped mom back off to meet up with her boyfriend Greg and headed back to Joes.  Tonight was date night, and guess where date night normally is, you guessed it, BOWMAN GRAY STADIUM!  We left the house around 5:45 to meet my friend Amy at the Dairo-o for hot-dogs and ice cream before the race.  Joe is like a kid at Christmas when we get to Bowman Gray.  We have loved turning this into our Saturday night date routine.







Sunday morning we woke up and surprised Joe's dad at church for Father's Day.  We enjoyed church with him and then headed to lunch with his parents at Buddy's in Mount Pleasant.  After lunch, Joe and I went furniture shopping.  We have been on the hunt for either a red or gray sofa.  Our hunt started off at Value City Furniture followed by Rooms to Go and La-z-y boy.  We still haven't found what we are looking for but I'm not giving up. Once we finished up furniture shopping we headed to Joe's parents to grab Buddy and hangout with them on the deck before it got to hot.  Since we had so much success grilling Friday night, Joe put some burgers on the grill Sunday evening and we enjoyed burgers for dinner. 




No comments :

Post a Comment